AfghaniDan

A young man's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk...and apparently, back again.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

The details of my life are quite inconsequential, really. Summers in Rangoon...luge lessons...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Adios, paid vacation!

Greetings all, especially to the newcomers who I finally told about this work-in-progress. I am scheduled to fly out tomorrow from the Bay area, where Marine Corps Forces Central Command has kindly kept me for a week. Since I've taken about 5000 photos of palm trees, I may as well include a couple farewell shots from the past couple of days.
The palm tree buffeted by a 60 mph wind is from a weekend excursion to the Gulf Coast beaches (note to FL vacationers: wind-whipped sand may be detrimental to your beach experience). The other two photos are from Tarpon Springs, an historic sponge-harvesting and fishing village north of St. Pete. The place is a little piece of Greece in Florida tourist land...it's surreal, and a great place to grab a heaping gyro platter that will feed you for 5 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home