AfghaniDan

A young man's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk...and apparently, back again.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

The details of my life are quite inconsequential, really. Summers in Rangoon...luge lessons...

Friday, January 06, 2006

Camp Lejeune, NC

Sunset over New River, seen from the parking lot of my temp lodging in Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, NC. My mobilization to active duty began on Monday, Jan 2 here. I arrived by plane from New York that afternoon, to a base that was a virtual ghost town since they were all on the New Year's long weekend holiday. The hurry-up-and-wait begins already.
I conducted various check-in processing with the Mobilization Support Battalion all week, from getting issued my gear and weapon to receiving more vaccinations and bloodwork than I can remember. The Marines here are adaptable and mostly skilled at getting us through the process quickly, despite a ton of regulations. If all can go well Mon morning, I'll be heading to MacDill Air Force Base for the next round of check-in. They don't make it too easy to get to Afghanistan for vacation!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dan,

What a terrific idea and what a great set up! You have outdone yourself. I've added the site to my "Favorites" list. Keep Well. Be Happy! Love U Jimmy

January 17, 2006 at 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan,
i was just wondering...any chance you're stopping by norway on your way to afghanistan?..i can make tacos:-)
great blog! i'll be checking in for updates! thinking of you.
love, Berit

January 20, 2006 at 2:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home